"A skillful doctor cures illness when there is no sign of disease, thus the disease never comes." Huan Nan Zi, 120 BCE
Acupuncture Treatment Can Heal and Prevent the Following Common Disorders:
Muscular and Skeletal Disorders:
Acupuncture for fertility, menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, menstrual cramps, menopause, urinary tract infections, yeast infections. Irregular or painful periods, PMS, fibroids, PCOS can all benefit from acupuncture, herbal medicine and lifestyle changes. We have also had great success turning breech babies and treating placenta previa and postpartum depression.
Acupuncture for IBS, indigestion, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, colitis, Crohn's Disease and ulcers.
Acupuncture for allergies, colds and flu, bronchitis, asthma, emphysemaCirculatory Disorders: acupuncture for hypertension, arteriosclerosis andangina pectoris.
Emotional and Neurological Disorders:
Acupuncture for anxiety, stress, headache, depression, migraine, MS, chronic fatigue syndrome, dizziness, insomnia and addiction.
Acupuncture and Pain Management
"When there is pain, there is lack of movement. When there is lack of movement, there is pain."
Acupuncture has been proven effective in treating a variety of pain-related disorders, including fibromyalgia, migraine headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome. While we always work on the local area to help to alleviate your symptoms, we also look at your overall health to understand the factors contributing to your pain, including diet and lifestyle. Using both acupuncture needles and bodywork, we stimulate your body's meridians or channels to invigorate your qi and blood to unblock the stagnation that can contribute to pain.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine has led several studies which proved acupuncture to be effective. To learn more, visit their website.
We treat ALL pain conditions, including but not limited to those listed below:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: A 1997 NIH consensus statement on acupuncture concluded that acupuncture was promising for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia: Reviews of the scientific literature have found promising evidence that acupuncture can effectively treat fibromyalgia.
- Headache/migraine: A 2008 review of randomized trials on acupuncture highlighted a few well-designed trials whose findings indicate that acupuncture reduces migraine symptoms and is as effective as headache medications. In addition, a 2009 review found that acupuncture may help relieve tension headaches.
- Low-back pain: According to the American Pain Society and the American College of Physicians, acupuncture is one of several CAM therapies physicians should consider when patients with chronic low-back pain do not respond to conventional treatment. Studies have found acupuncture to be more effective than conventional treatment for relieving chronic low-back pain.
- Menstrual cramps: Literature reviews have found that acupuncture may help with pain from menstrual cramps.
- Myofascial pain: Literature reviews have found promising evidence that acupuncture can help myofascial pain (in which pain occurs in sensitive areas, known as trigger points, in the muscles.)
- Neck pain: Studies of acupuncture for chronic neck pain have found that acupuncture provided better pain relief than some simulated treatments.
- Osteoarthritis/knee pain: Acupuncture is effective for osteoarthritis, particularly in the area of knee pain. Recent literature reviews have found that acupuncture provides pain relief and improves function for people with osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Postoperative dental pain
- Tennis elbow: Recent reviews have found promising evidence that acupuncture provides relief for lateral epicondyle pain.
The World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture's effectiveness for over 40 common disorders.
For more information about health and acupuncture please visit: nccih.nih.gov/health/acupuncture-what-you-need-to-know